Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
We want to thank our families and staff for their transparency thus far during these unprecedented times! It has enabled us to continue our services while ensuring the safety of all your children, our staff, as well as high-risk family members at home. In an effort to continue this mantra of clear communication and continuing our in-clinic sessions with health and safety as a top priority for your families and our staff, we have established the following Health and Safety Plans. All procedures have been created referencing information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Harris County Public Health, and the City of Houston.
Please review this page and if you have any questions or concerns, call or email us!
- We have divided our space into 4 individual treatment spaces to accommodate for social distancing from other clients. Our polycarbonate plastic divider in the big gym affords for safe socialization and parallel play!
- Every child's parent or caregiver will be screened with our updated Health Questionnaire at the beginning of each session prior to starting therapy.
- Every child's temperature will be taken with a no-touch thermometer prior to their session, regardless of symptoms. Temperature must be below 100.0°F and child must be symptom free for at least 72 hours before returning to the clinic.
- Please inform us if your child or a member of your household has been exposed to COVID-19.
- Please inform us if your child or a member of your household is exhibiting any of the following symptoms:
- Excessive fatigue
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste or smell
- Gastrointestinal issues or nausea
- Remember: COVID-19 can be present in asymptomatic individuals.
- Our waiting room remains closed and we ask that all parents and caregivers wait in their cars.
- Due to the nature of our services, therapists will likely be within 6 feet of the child they are treating.
We are doing our absolute best to mitigate risk! Please review our Sanitation Procedures here.
Drop Off and Pick Up
- You may bring your child into the clinic for drop off or call the office and we will retrieve them from the car.
- We will limit overlap of families in the waiting area to the best of our ability, however, please be conscientious and practice social distancing.
- Please be in the parking lot 50 minutes after the start of your child's session. Your child's therapist will bring them to the car and update you on their session outside.
- We ask that you abide by current CDC, state, and local recommendations regarding travel.
- For the safety of Foundations families and our staff, we appreciate your conscientiousness in volunteering information regarding attendance at large social or mass gatherings, prior to returning to sessions.
- All adults entering the clinic are required to wear masks. We have extra surgical masks if you need one.
- Children are not required to wear masks upon entry or during their sessions.
- During sessions, therapists will wear a mask and face shield. If a child's therapeutic progress is dependent on seeing a therapist's mouth moving, we have specially made masks with windows.
- All staff will wear masks throughout the day when not in sessions and will not congregate in small areas.